Physiotherapy is a treatment that is used for preventing injuries, and for promoting health or fitness. It focuses on identifying any issues that can cause serious injuries. Physiotherapy uses a holistic approach to improve, maintain, and restore physical and social well-being.
Physiotherapy combines different methods such as exercises, massages to regain mobility after a wound or to maintain physical health. The methods are determined only after a proper diagnosis is performed. The diagnosis helps to determine the treatment plan required for a patient. The treatment plan also helps to restore back to normal life after an injury.
When is Physiotherapy Required?
Many people look for physiotherapy treatment while recovering from an injury or a major surgery. Patients will have certain sessions of physiotherapy that can relieve their pain and can also improve their mobility. People also opt for physiotherapy for various issues such as muscle spasms, muscle strains etc.
Some of the most common reasons for visiting a physiotherapist include:
- To prevent re-occurence of injuries
- To recover from a major surgery such as knee or hip surgery
- Improve body posture and balance
- To improve flexibility of muscles
- To maintain physical health
- To manage chronic conditions
Apart from this, physiotherapy is also helpful for treating the following medical conditions:
- Cardiorespiratory issues
- Cancer, lymphedema
- Musculoskeletal issues
- Health issues in women
- Orthopedic problems
- Neurological issues
- Loss of mobility due to trauma
- Disability due to heart problems
- Lung problems
- To manage pain and prevent its effect on daily routine
Different Techniques Used for Physiotherapy
Physiotherapy makes use of different techniques based on various factors such as a patient’s injury or problem, its severity, its type and cause. The commonly used techniques include:
- Manual manipulation where moving the joints can help relieve tight muscles, muscle spasms, and to improve the circulation.
- Acupuncture: In this technique, thin needles are inserted into the body. This helps to release chemicals to muscles, brain, and thereby stimulates the body’s healing process.
- Functional testing where a patient is tested to determine the physical ability of a patient.
- Electrical nerve stimulation where small electrical currents will be sent to the affected area and it helps to suppress the pain signals to the brain.
- Device provision where supportive and protective equipment will be provided to the patient for better mobility.
If you are suffering with any issues that affect your body movement, seek the help of a physiotherapist near you.
Visit Sia Life Hospital
Sia Life Hospital is a multi-speciality hospital in Hyderabad with experienced doctors. We provide high quality treatment facilities with the help of a team of qualified and experienced physicians and doctors. We offer various services such as physiotherapy, orthopedics, cardiac rehabilitation, neuro rehabilitation, and pediatric rehabilitation. Call us and book your appointment today!