The Heart is the most important organ in our body. It is muscular, and the size is about your fist. It is located slightly to the left and just behind your breastbone. The Heart’s main function is to pump blood to the organs through the network of arteries and veins, which is called the cardiovascular system.
As much as an important organ, it is more delicate and vulnerable to many problems. However, cardiology science has improved remarkably, and now cardiologists can treat almost all diseases associated with the Heart. The study of Heart is medically termed Cardiology, and the doctors who specialized in Cardiac services called Cardiologist.
At Sia Life Hospital, the cardiology department provides complete tertiary level care for all the patients. The department is equipped with state–of–the–art medical equipment and proficient heart specialists with internationally acclaimed Clinical experience compared to other cardiology hospitals making it one of the best heart hospitals in Hyderabad. The department can treat a wide range of heart problems, including emergency care which is available 24 hrs:
- Heart failure
- Heart attack (Myocardial infarction)
- Abnormal heart rhythms, or arrhythmias
- Genetic heart disease
- Congenital heart diseases
- Aorta disease and Marfan syndrome
- Heart muscle disease (cardiomyopathy)
- Ischemic heart disease
- Coronary artery disease (narrowing of the arteries)
- Valvular heart disease
- Deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism
- Pericardial disease
- High blood pressure
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Vascular disease (blood vessel disease)
- Rheumatic heart disease
Symptoms like chest pain, difficulty to breathe, fatigue and lightheadedness indicate a heart problem. However, the symptoms of heart disease depend on the type of heart problem. Also, some heart conditions go symptomless.
The cardiology department at Sia Life is an ideal collaboration of internationally trained cardiologists with decades of experience and can provide unique evidence-based, contemporary cardiac services. Our strong team of cardiology doctors, along with technicians, nurses and paramedical staff, can deliver high-quality heart care and are able to treat even the most complicated heart problems with a great success rate. Besides unparalleled heart care, the team fairly endeavours to create awareness regarding Preventive Healthcare.
The cardiology department in our hospital is renowned for both diagnostic and treatment procedures for any heart condition and also takes good care of patients suspected of heart diseases. Our cardiology services are available round the clock, including at weekends. The range of cardiac procedures we provide are:
- Coronary Angiograms to diagnose blood vessels problems in the Heart
- Peripheral Angiogram to diagnose artery blockage
- Electrophysiology (EP) Lab & Radio Frequency Ablation
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) to check various heart conditions
- Holter Monitoring (Ambulatory Electrocardiography)
- Chest X-Ray
- Echocardiogram to monitor your heartbeat and pumping system
- Cardiac Computed Tomography (3D heart Imaging)
- Thallium Stress Test (MPI or MUGA)
- Cardiac MRI
- Exercise Stress Test
- Carotid Artery Stenting & Surgery
- Angioplasty & Stenting
- Valvuloplasty to repair a narrowed heart valve
- Device Closures to close a defective opening of the Heart
- Pacemaker/ICD/CRTD Implantations
- Coronary Bypass Surgery or Coronary artery surgery to restore blood flow to the Heart
- Minimally Invasive Heart Surgery
- Heart Valve Repair/ Replacement Surgery
- Major Aortic Surgeries
- Adult Congenital Cardiac Surgeries
- Thoracic Surgeries such as coronary artery bypass(CAB) surgery, transplantation of heart and transplant lungs and extraction of
- damaged parts from the lungs
- left ventricular assist device (lvad) implantation in case of end-stage heart failure
Some other procedures related to heart problems include video-assisted thoracic surgery, arrhythmia surgery and Endovascular surgery, including Aneurysm surgery/EVAR.
The pediatric cardiology department is dedicated and provides excellent treatment for heart diseases for many complex conditions for premature babies and infants.
Along with the above services, we offer a comprehensive combination of hospital-based services & procedures. We ensure that your Heart is in safe hands, and you will be taken care of from day one by our experienced team of heart specialists and primary care physicians outside of the department. Our cardiology labs are equipped with state-of-the-art facilities, and we keep updating our equipment with the latest onboard medical technology.